Are you a software professional that enjoys creating solutions that customers love? Do you thrive on seeing projects from concept to delivery? Do you like working in smaller teams and seeing the entire solution?
Our team is growing and Kongsberg Geospatial is seeking a Software Tester to join one of our growing teams.
This is a hybrid position working out of our Ottawa, Ontario office.
Small to medium project teams take full responsibility to design, develop and deliver systems typically in a 6-18 month timeframe. The team size and contract duration allow team members to become familiar with large portions of the system and often provide the opportunity to become subject matter experts for the technology we are integrating, often in customer facing roles.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an individual to drive testing within one of our software teams. You will be responsible for executing Kongsberg Geospatial test processes for one or more software programs as well as help grow our software testing capabilities.
- Execute all levels of testing (Unit, Integration, Regression, End-to-End, System, etc.).
- Design, develop and execute automation / manual scripts.
- Perform verification testing for new releases of software
- Create, update and execute test procedures.
- Troubleshoot and report defects as well as verifying fixes for defects.
- Document and report issues in an efficient, complete, and informative manner.
- Collaborate closely with other team members for the software team.
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the program lifecycle.
- Draft, develop and maintain test cases.
- Execute test cases and author test case reports.
- Follow up on and verify correction of bugs.
- A Canadian security clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
- A post-secondary degree in a field related to Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a software testing role.
- Experience using automation test tools (ie. Cypress, etc.).
- Experience testing software in a containerized environment (Docker).
- Experience using Linux and Windows environments.
- Knowledge of repositories such as Git or BitBucket.
- Experience using JIRA.
- Knowledge of software development practices, methodologies, tools and technologies.
- Good internal and external communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized and methodical.
- Ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced environment.
It will be great if you have:
Experience in some of the following areas depending on the project and role:
- Experience testing software for military/aerospace applications and knowledge of related standards.
- Knowledge of geospatial display software.
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title “Software Tester” and attaching your resume in Word or PDF format.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.