Are you innovative and looking for new challenges and opportunities? Our team is seeking a C++Software Developer to help create our next generation real-time 2D/3D geospatial graphics engine.
As a member of a motivated and structured product team, you will be responsible for the design and development of new features for our flagship product, TerraLens. TerraLens is used by customers from across the globe to develop high-performance, mission critical geospatial applications in defense, aviation, security, maritime and transport industries.
This is a hybrid position working out of our Ottawa, Ontario office.
What You'll Create:
TerraLens is a highly performant geospatial and display Software Development Kit providing 2D and 3D visualization of geospatial map and terrain data, imagery, video and real-time data. Our customers develop systems geared towards many platforms including laptops, tablets, consoles, video walls and specialized military and air traffic control workstations. As a member of the TerraLens team, you will design and develop new features and improvements for our graphics engine which powers a wide array of applications providing real-time visualization in critical situations with a variety of operating systems and hardware capabilities. Working in a small and highly parallel team, you will be responsible for bringing improvements from end-to-end. Working with stakeholders and using your critical thinking and problem-solving skills, you will drive requirements and design, estimate, implement, optimize, and validate the solution. As a member of a skilled and independent team, you will have the opportunity to help improve both our software and our development and testing processes, working with peers to make significant contributions to a critical part of many geospatial software applications.
- A Canadian security clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in C++ Software Development.
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics development using OpenGL, WebGL, Direct3D, or Vulkan.
- Experience using development toolsets for Windows and/or Linux, including Visual Studio, VS Code, or similar.
- Experience managing software configurations with Git or similar.
- A problem-solving mindset – you are motivated to find solutions to customers’ problems.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology and scope of work.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
It will be great if you have:
- OpenGL, both fixed-function and shaders, and Vulkan
- Cross platform development (Windows, Linux, Android)
- Experience using GUI toolkits (Qt, QML, .Net)
- Geospatial knowledge
- Experience tuning code for performance
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you. Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org,quoting the job title “Graphic Engine Software Developer” and attaching your resume in PDF format only. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.