Director, Business Development (Ottawa)
Kongsberg Geospatial creates precision real-time software for mapping, geospatial visualization, and situational awareness. The Company’s products are primarily deployed in solutions for air traffic control, C4ISR, Command and Control, Air/Missile defense and Situational Awareness Applications. Over nearly three decades of providing dependable performance under extreme conditions, Kongsberg Geospatial has become the leading geospatial software technology provider for mission-critical applications where lives are on the line. Kongsberg Geospatial is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Defence Systems.
We are looking for energetic, self starting business development personnel who can bring our geospatial software solutions to the defense and security markets. The business development individuals we are seeking are motivated by identifying needs for our software solutions, creating opportunity, closing deals and will enjoy above average compensation based on achieving results.
This position is based in our head office in Ottawa, Canada.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Identify, qualify, and capture new business within Defense and Security markets.
- Perform market research and competitive assessments to determine appropriate business capture plans.
- Conduct introductory level meetings without technical/engineering support and then draw upon appropriate technical resources to continue the development of the opportunity.
- Identify the technical need within the customer’s solution and from that design the capture approach and pursuit plan.
- Obtain information on funding, budgets and schedules for customer activities.
- Provide input into product and technology roadmaps, bringing new/emerging customer requirements into product planning and strategy sessions.
This role requires a minimum of 10 years experience in a systems development environment, preferably with experience in engineering, project management and business development. Ideally the candidate will have at least 5 years of proven success selling software solutions and/or project based services/solutions. Current experience in business development in the Defense and Security C4ISR marketplace is a mandatory requirement.
- Strong knowledge of geospatial visualization software, situational awareness applications and map/imagery data as used in real and near-real-time C4ISR and related systems such as for command and control, sensor display or government applications.
- Detailed knowledge of federal government procurement/acquisition systems.
- Detailed knowledge of systems development and software development processes.
- Ability to lead key customer / government / internal briefings.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering as a "2nd tier" COTS vendor/teammate/subcontractor is mandatory.
- Ability to liaise/manage various customer stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Skills and willingness to work both independently and to engage the larger team when required to properly evaluate and develop opportunities.
A "Hunter" based mentality, with a proven ability to research, seek out and develop new business opportunities is required. Prospecting is a major portion of the position. An existing network within the geospatial software community, within the government C4ISR community and within the prime contractor community is essential.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver sales progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations as needed, are also key to this role.
How to Apply: