Our team is seeking a Solutions Engineer to act as the primary technical resource supporting the development of new business opportunities.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for supporting business development in developing relationships with potential customers as well as actively managing the technology evaluation stage of the business development process. Working with the business development team as the key technical advisor and solution advocate, the Solutions Engineer reaches back to Engineering to provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the business development process. The Solutions Engineer establishes and maintains strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This is a hybrid position working out of our Ottawa, Ontario office. Travel within and outside of Canada is required up to 25% of the time.
- Maintaining expert level of product and solutions knowledge and their application in various domains.
- Supporting engineering by understanding customer need sand issues.
- Articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Providing conceptual solution and application design to potential customers.
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Listening, understanding and conveying customer requirements.
- Maintaining accurate records of evaluations in progress, and track issues to closure.
- Traveling to customer sites to perform presentations, discuss alternatives, and develop solutions.
- Identifying customer needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Participating in trade shows.
- Architecting and reviewing solutions that are designed to cost.
- Resolving customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintaining professional business relationships with potential customers.
- Conducting technical/product training as required.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of software development/engineering experience.
- Experience with application programming.
- Experience in customer service or sales support.
- Experience with Real Time Command and Control Software development.
- A good understanding of GIS/Geospatial Software technology and applications.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Availability and interest in traveling within and outside of Canada up to 25% of the time.
It will be great if you have:
- Experience working in the Defense or Aerospace industry
How to Apply:
If you fulfill the qualifications and experience listed above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com, quoting job title “Solutions Engineer” and attaching your resume in PDF format only.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.