Are you a software professional who enjoys creating solutions that customers love? Do you thrive on seeing projects from concept to delivery? Do you like working in smaller teams and seeing the entire solution?
Our team is growing and Kongsberg Geospatial is seeking an Engineering Manager to provide people and project management for one of our growing teams.
This is a hybrid position working out of our Ottawa, Ontario office.
What You’ll Create:
We develop systems that integrate complex sensor interfaces, data, and equipment. We tie it all together using an assortment of middleware technologies and present it using innovative modern graphical user interfaces. Our user experiences provide application operators visualization of geospatial map and terrain data, imagery, video feeds, and sensor controls overlaid with real time data.
Operators interact with our systems using many platforms including tablets, laptops, consoles, video walls and specialized military and air traffic control workstations. Each of our systems is as unique as our customers; however, they all share a critical need to display and act on real-time geographic data.
Small to medium project teams take full responsibility to design, develop and deliver systems typically in a 6-18 month timeframe. The team size and contract duration allow team members to become familiar with large portions of the system and often provide the opportunity to become subject matter experts for the technology we are integrating, often in customer facing roles.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager to lead one of our growing teams tasked with developing next generation situational awareness and unmanned systems control software. You will be responsible for a team of software developers and lead them in multiple concurrent projects, both as services deliveries for our customers and internal product development.
As an Engineering Manager with Kongsberg Geospatial, you will provide oversight and support to the team not only at the project and process level, but also at the systems, requirements analysis and architecture level. We pride ourselves on collaborating closely with our customers to build quality software for their needs, and you will embody and drive this spirit. Additionally, you will be responsible for growing our already talented team through coaching and mentorship and augmenting with outside hires.
- Overseeing the planning, design and implementation of software engineering projects, developing schedules and managing both employees and other resources,
- Collaborating closely with other Engineering leaders and Business Development to help manage the direction of one or more of Kongsberg Geospatial’s products,
- Managing a team of software developers and testers, including resource planning, career development and recruiting,
- Supporting Business Development with technical sales support and technical proposal preparation, including:
- Developing the programmatic and technical solution to conform with bid strategy
- Estimates and program delivery schedule
- Risk management and mitigation strategy
- Responsibility for the overall quality of delivered work products and ensuring that deliveries meet requirements and perform as required,
- Ensuring software development conforms with Kongsberg Geospatial’s processes and best practices,
- Providing systems, requirements analysis and design and architecture support to the team as needed,
- Understanding, managing, and mitigating technical risks to ensure project success,
- Occasional travel to customer/partner sites, including international travel.
- Canadian security clearance or eligibility to obtain one,
- Post-secondary degree in a field related to Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent relevant experience,
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in a software leadership role,
- Minimum of 10 years of previous experience in a software development role,
- Project management experience with a history of on-time and on-budget delivery and direct management of customer relations and expectations; experience with military programs preferred,
- Solid knowledge of software development practices, methodologies, tools and technologies,
- Ability to provide direction and oversight to a wide range of software projects,
- Excellent internal and external communications skills,
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and test of mission critical software.
It will be great if you have:
Experience in some of the following areas depending on the project and role:
- Delivery of software for military/aerospace applications and knowledge of related standards,
- Development of geospatial display software,
- Unmanned vehicles for civilian and/or military applications,
- Knowledge and experience in product management or product ownership and supporting product marketing efforts.
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com, quoting job title “Engineering Manager” and attaching your resume in Word or PDF format.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.