We are looking for a full-time Business Development Representative for our Geospatial Software Solutions Business focusing on the Canadian Defense market. In this role, you will be responsible to lead new business development activities by identifying, establishing and building relationships with prospective customers both for our core software business and as the Canadian representative of Kongsberg Defense &Aerospace in Norway.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated performance in establishing relationships and closing software sales in the Canadian Defense Industry and will be responsible for the entire business development life cycle from identification/creation of leads, through qualification, to presentation of solution and demonstrations, preparation of proposals and quotations, to proposal acceptance. Additionally, this candidate will be able to bring with them a strong contact network that can deliver results. Ultimately this candidate will be responsible for growing the pipeline by identifying, developing and closing new opportunities aligned with KG’s strategic direction that contribute to meeting and exceeding bookings targets.
This is a hybrid position located in Ottawa, working on-site and remotely. This position will be required to travel within Canada as well as periodically travel to Norway.
Other essential functions include:
- Work within the Canadian Defense market to identify target programs where our technology, solutions and experience, and that of our parent company Kongsberg Defense and Aerospace, will provide benefits and advantages.
- Coordinate with other departments within Kongsberg Geospatial, and Kongsberg Defense and Aerospace, to ensure the requirements of these relationships are met, including coordinating business development meetings, coordinating technical meetings, coordinating trials and evaluations of software products, following up with potential customers and closing sales of licensed software products.
- Effectively represent Kongsberg Geospatial, and Kongsberg Defense and Aerospace, among industry partners, tradeshows, and peer groups, as required.
- Capture key messages associated with new products and ensure they are incorporated in the marketing effort.
- Provide input to product roadmaps.
- Degree qualified - Engineering or Technical Degree (a distinct advantage) or equivalent competency and experience,
- Engineering or Technical Degree(distinct advantage) or equivalent competency and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Defense Industry, preferably with a software / systems integration business.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant sales or business development experience.
- A Canadian Security Clearance at the NATO Secret level or eligibility to obtain one.
- Willingness to travel domestically and periodically to Norway.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace,
- Technology Knowledge: An understanding of, and proven experience with, geospatially focused software solutions (Situational Awareness Applications, map engines, geospatial visualization software, SDKs, middleware) or other similar software solutions to prime contractors and other systems integrators.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future orientated; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic.
- Political & Government Savvy: Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the issues will be and plans their approach accordingly. Understands how governments work and how to get things done.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Technology demonstrations: comfortable with hands-on technical demonstration set-up, execution and presentation of SW products
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Defense Industry Experience:
Candidates who have experience working with software sales into Defense Systems are preferred. Desired areas of experience would include:
- Experience in Defense ISR andC2 systems
- Experience in Land System defense products
- Experience in development and sales of mission critical software systems
- Experience in COTS software sales and marketing
- Experience in Defense program procurements
- Experience in partnering/teaming with Defense Industry Prime Contractors
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you. Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org,quoting the job title “Defense BD Executive” and attaching your resume in PDF format only. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.