We are looking for a full-time Business Development Executive for our Unmanned Systems business focusing on the United States market. In this role, you will be responsible to lead new business development activities in the UAS and international markets for the application of Kongsberg Geospatial technologies, products and services. Seeking drone industry experience in UAS GCS or PED software use, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated performance in establishing relationships and closing software sales in the Commercial and military UAS Industries (B2B) and Government & Public Sector (B2G).Additionally, this candidate will be able to bring with them a strong contact network that can deliver results. Ultimately this candidate will be responsible for growing the pipeline by identifying, developing and closing new opportunities aligned with KG’s strategic direction that contribute to meeting and exceeding bookings targets.
Other essential functions include:
- Structures, secures approval and executes negotiation strategies to capture contracts for new and existing products,
- Effectively represent Kongsberg Geospatial among industry partners, peer groups and regulatory agencies as required,
- Research, evaluate and identify opportunities for strategic partnerships to aid our UAS product line,
- Capture key messages associated with existing and new products and ensure they are incorporated in the marketing effort,
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps,
- Coordinate with other departments within Kongsberg Geospatial to ensure the requirements of these relationships are met including coordinating business development meetings, compiling meeting notes and actions and following up with assigned resources,
- Recognize and champion the development of key competitive differentiators for existing and new Kongsberg Geospatial products based on competitive analysis, technical research and development studies,
- Participate in the evaluation of proposed and ongoing projects/programs.
- Degree qualified - Engineering or Technical Degree (a distinct advantage) or equivalent competency and experience,
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales experience,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role,
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestic (approximately 25%),
- Candidate must have or be capable of acquiring a NATO Secret security clearance,
- Desired experience in the operation of UAS or PED systems,
- Military experience preferred: Experience preferred in Command and Control, and/or Air Battle Management, and/or Unmanned systems,
- Commercial UAS market experience desired.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace,
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future orientated; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans,
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic,
- Political & Government Savvy: Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the issues will be and plans their approach accordingly. Understands how governments work and how to get things done,
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working,
- Technology demonstrations: comfortable with hands-on technical demonstration set-up, execution and presentation of SW products,
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Candidates who have experience working with software sales into Commercial and Military Unmanned Aviation markets are strongly preferred. Desired areas of experience would include:
- Experience in development of software systems and services,
- Experience in software product development strategy,
- Experience in Government program procurements,
- Experience in Unmanned Systems GCS or PED software,
- Military experience in the operation of UAS or PED systems.
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you. Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com,quoting the job title “UAS BD Executive” and attaching your resume in PDF format only. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.