Kongsberg Geospatial creates precision real-time software for mapping, geospatial visualization, and situational awareness. The Company’s products are primarily deployed in solutions for air traffic control, C4ISR, Command and Control, Air/Missile defense and Situational Awareness Applications. Over nearly three decades of providing dependable performance under extreme conditions, Kongsberg Geospatial has become the leading geospatial software technology provider for mission-critical applications where lives are on the line. Kongsberg Geospatial is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Defence Systems.
Our team is growing and Kongsberg Geospatial seeks an additional IT Specialist to help us leap into the next generation of IT infrastructure and the software engineering development infrastructure, which includes sophisticated automatic virtual build and test environments. We have a full-time permanent position available in our Ottawa office.
What You’ll Help Create
We develop systems that integrate complex sensor interfaces, data, and equipment. We tie it all together using an assortment of middleware technologies and present it using innovative modern graphical user interfaces. Our user experiences provide application operators visualization of geospatial map and terrain data, imagery, video feeds, and sensor controls overlaid with real time data. In our environment, IT is highly valued to generate quality software for our customers and support our business infrastructure in a secure fashion.
We are a medium sized defence organization in Kanata filled with highly talented software developers who seek access to the latest technologies and systems to improve the way they work.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an individual enthusiastic about supporting a motivated and structured software development team. You will build and support IT systems to help automatically stress test software applications on multiple Operating Systems and hardware configurations with modern graphical user interfaces that integrate and visualize a wide-range of sensor and geospatial data. We are looking for an individual who keeps informed and is excited by and wants to experiment with new technology to ensure the organization is as efficient as it can be.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading the IT infrastructure, including business servers, firewalls, routers, VPN, backup systems, UPS systems, software development systems, tools and repositories, including automated test infrastructures and workstations
- Create new testing configurations for software development (many operating systems)
- Deploy and support open source software scanning software
- Manage help desk interactions, conference room setups and employee moves, and document resolutions
- Maintain backlog and inform management on backlog priorities, identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Manage software licenses, installations, and documentation, including active directory, group policies, firewalls, antivirus, and email security
- Actively manage network, systems and data security posture.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Create scripts to support automated compiling and testing
Required Areas of Experience
You should have:
- A minimum of 3 years IT work experience.
- A post-secondary degree in a field related to IT.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate
- Strong planning and organizational skills, working on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience supporting business critical systems through life cycle upgrades and maintenance
- A strong desire to keep abreast of new technology developments and a desire to experiment
- A Canadian Secret/NATO Secret security clearance or are eligible to obtain one
Required Areas of Experience
The following Technical Skills/Experience are in order of priority and are highly desirable, but we are willing to train a motivated and eager to learn candidate:
- Management of Windows 2008/2012/2019 Server, Windows 7/8/10 (AD, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, build automation etc.), RedHat Linux, Windows, VxWorks and Debian Support, Dell servers (RAID creation, NIC teaming, DRAC), VMware vSphere, Hyper-V and/or Citrix virtualization technologies, firewall configuration, complex Network/Router Configuration, PoE, and 10Gbs networks with link aggregation, High Volume Data SANs
- Backup solutions off site. Experience with Automated backups an asset
It Would be Great if You Have
- IT related Certifications
- IT department management
How to Apply: