Are you a software professional that enjoys creating solutions that customers love? Do you thrive on seeing projects from concept to delivery? Do you like working in smaller teams and seeing the entire solution? If so, then this may be the position for you!
Our team is growing and Kongsberg Geospatial seeks junior through senior C++ Qt/QML developers with strong UX/UI design backgrounds for a variety of projects.
We have positions available in our Ottawa office, working remotely and on-site.
What You’ll Create:
We develop systems that integrate complex sensor interfaces, data, and equipment. We tie it all together using an assortment of middleware technologies and present it using innovative modern graphical user interfaces. Our user experiences provide application operators visualization of geospatial map and terrain data, imagery, video feeds, and sensor controls overlaid with real-time data.
Operators interact with our systems using many platforms including tablets, laptops, consoles, video walls and specialized military and air traffic control workstations. Each of our systems is as unique as our customers; however, they all share a critical need to display and act on real-time geographic data.
Small project teams of up to 5 take full responsibility to design, develop and deliver systems. The team size allows team members to become familiar with large portions of the system and often provides the opportunity to become subject matter experts for the technology we are integrating, often in customer-facing roles.
What we’re looking for:
- As a member of a motivated and structured development team, you will design and develop applications with modern graphical user interfaces that integrate and visualize a wide range of sensor and geospatial data.
- Occasionally our stakeholders do not have all the answers when it comes to how they want things to work. Therefore, you will need to be a critical thinker and problem solver and provide ideas to drive requirements.
- You have a track record of designing and creating great user experiences for end users.
- Our team sizes are small therefore you will be required to not only develop code but also be an active participant in integrating and testing code within the target solution (we are looking for someone who can see “the big picture”, not just validate functionality at a unit level).
- Work with a small team to analyze, design, build, test, and document software applications to function across multiple platforms.
- Produce wireframes, screen comps, and front-end code to create polished and highly functional user interfaces with a focus on usability and simplicity of design.
- Ensure software is performant across a range of platforms, including different display sizes, orientation, scaling, and resolutions.
- Incorporate feedback from end users as well as members of the project team to solve any design or usability issues.
- A Canadian security clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
- A post-secondary degree in a field related to Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- For a junior position, a minimum 3years of experience in Software Development in C++ and Qt/QML with a strong background in UX/UI design for applications.
- You are familiar with and have applied the UX design process.
- You are familiar with and have applied usability principles in UI design and implementation.
- A problem-solving mindset – you are motivated to find solutions to customers’ problems.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology and scope of work.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Experience in the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge in developing code in C++ using Qt and QML.
- Knowledge of how to design effective user interfaces using UX best practices (defining end-user personas, journey maps, workflows and wireframes).
- Using development toolsets for Windows and/or Linux, including Visual Studio, Eclipse, or similar.
- Managing software configurations with Git or similar.
It will be great if you have:
Experience in some of the following areas depending on the project and role:
- Agile development process.
- Experience and domain knowledge of geospatial technology.
- Experience and domain knowledge with one or more of Defence, ATC, and UAV applications and operations.
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com, quoting the job title “User Interface Software Developer” and attaching your resume in Word or PDF format.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.