Are you a software professional that enjoys creating solutions that customers love? Do you thrive on seeing projects from concept to delivery? Do you like working in smaller teams and seeing the entire solution?
Our team is growing and Kongsberg Geospatial seeks system developers for a variety of projects.
We have positions available in our Ottawa office, working remotely and on-site.
What You’ll Create:
We develop systems that integrate complex sensor interfaces, data, and equipment. We tie it all together using an assortment of middleware technologies and present it using innovative modern graphical user interfaces. Our user experiences provide application operators visualization of geospatial map and terrain data, imagery, video feeds, and sensor controls overlaid with real-time data.
Operators interact with our systems using many platforms including tablets, laptops, consoles, video walls and specialized military and air traffic control workstations. Each of our systems is as unique as our customers; however, they all share a critical need to display and act on real-time geographic data.
Small project teams of up to 7 take full responsibility to design, develop and deliver systems typically in a 6-18month timeframe. The team size and contract duration allow team members to become familiar with large portions of the system and often provide the opportunity to become subject matter experts for the technology we are integrating, often in customer-facing roles.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a team lead with full stack experience for a number of Web application-centric programs. As a member of a motivated and structured development team, you will be designing and developing front and back-end Web-based software components (as a service).
Occasionally our stakeholders do not have all the answers when it comes to how they want things to work. Therefore, you will need to be a critical thinker and problem solver and provide ideas in order to drive requirements.
You have a track record of designing and creating great user experiences for end users.
Our team sizes are small therefore you will be required to not only lead a team, but also be an active participant in software development, architecture, integration and testing of code within the target solution).
- Working directly with customers to solve specific requirements.
- Defining project scope and estimating implementation effort.
- Develop new products/solutions using agile software development practices.
- Defining requirements, feature design, coding, and testing (unit and regression).
- When required, providing technical support to our sales activities.
- Improving the reliability and efficiency of our core product.
- Assisting with project proposal preparation.
- Communicating with the team through meetings, demos and documentation.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites (~5%/year).
- A Canadian security clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
- A post-secondary degree in a field related to Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum7 years of software development experience in production quality web applications.
- The ability to deliver production-quality software backed by automated tests.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology and scope of work.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A self-starter, motivated individual who loves to learn and be challenged.
- Solid code/feature review abilities where one provides constructive and actionable feedback.
Experience in the following areas:
- Writing front-end Web-based components using React, Redux, Material Design UI.
- Developing back-end microservices written using Typescript running in NodeJS.
- Designing service code using Object Oriented design patterns.
- Knowledge of how to design effective Web-based user interfaces using UX best practices(defining end-user personas, journey maps, workflows and wireframes).
- Solid understanding of developing RESTful and WebSocket-based web service APIs.
- Strong understanding of web application development, including application design, session management, security and performance.
- Good knowledge in HTML and CSS.
- Deploying applications in a Linux server environment.
- Building tools such as Webpack.
- Understanding of Container Orchestration (Docker).
- Managing software configurations with Git or similar.
- AV applications and operations.
It will be great if you have:
Experience in some of the following areas depending on the project and role:
- Opensource Web-based geospatial APIs (OpenLayers).
- Relational and in-memory database design and SQL (PostgreSQL, Post GIS, Redis).
- Experience and domain knowledge of geospatial technology.
- Experience and domain knowledge with one or more of Defence, ISR, and UAV applications and operations.
How to Apply:
Visit our website www.kongsberggeospatial.com to learn more about us. If you fulfill the requirements and skills listed above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title “Senior Full Stack Team Lead” and attaching your resume in Word or PDF format.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in Kongsberg Geospatial.